Tuesday, February 22, 2011

mom, dad & much sugar

We've been in our new state nearly 8 weeks, now. The sparkle and flash as well as the 'new car smell' have faded. Normal life has come home to stay at our new address. Which is great. The past comfort of being known well and knowing well are memories [kept close to my heart in the form of mail sent, emails written & phone calls made] THAT ARE paired by current adventures with fresh faces, idea's and points in my gps -- our new community.

It's generally been a quiet time. So quiet, at times, I can hear important thoughts and manage time well. A unique season. I feel like I've been given a new pair of eyes... no patterns formed yet; observations for the most part. And. I have no real complaints other than snow removal delays or the fact that both of our vehicles have become traveling coat closets due to the rapid change in temperature here. Alas, a small price to pay to have a front row seat to the Rockies!!

The past few weeks we have been anywhere from -15 degrees w/snow to 65 degrees w/no snow! Can we say muddy entry way! But YAY to Spring in February. I'm happy with how J and I have met many wonderful people at Buggie's school, our church, our family here, and EVEN our current friends who had moved here from MN a few years ago. Truly the start of many meaningful friendships! God's handy work!

So. There is nothing like having your dear parents fly in from the frozen tundra [which is currently the midwest], to come share in the excitement of the fresh details of our new little corner of the world. What a gift. Time slowed to a dream like pace as we ate out [4 times at chick-fil-a, alone! ha!], drove into the mountains and watched tv together [+ much more!!] just because we could. If you ever want vacation tips; ask my folks who really know how to kick back - be present - and soak in their surroundings!

Thank you for the visit, Mom & Dad. We love you! And we'll be 'riding the wave' of these warm, happy vibes for quite a while...








Now, that I've collected my thoughts... it's REALLY time to catch some 'Zzzzzzzz's'. Buggie and Nini share a bed. Long story short: big sis had growing pains and [accidentally] kicked lil sis in the face. 1 hour ordeal total. And my sweet J has decided to sleep in the middle of the bed, tonight. Bubble = popped. But, I am deeply grateful. Really. This is an honor...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Beautiful writing, Jen! Your words just flow and leave a sense of peace and well-being with you! So glad you are my new neighbor and for the chance to get to know you!