Sunday, May 20, 2012

noah

This is my story of our sweet baby who lived inside me just 10 short weeks. He was a surprise and his short unborn life has meaning. Noah went to heaven four nights ago... I laid in a hospital bed... I pray tonight for the many other moms who will be wheeled through the same ER doors for the same reason. Noah is our 6th child and the 4th heaven homed baby. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ David is now just turned 6 (in heaven.) *may 2006 - 8 wks gestation Grace is now almost 5 (in heaven.) *july 2007 - 5 wks gestation Matthew is now just over 2 (in heaven.) *march 2010 - 8 wks gestation and now sweet Noah is 4 days old in the arms of loved ones (in heaven.) *may 2012 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Each baby I've lost has left me with a "golden nugget" about life and taken a piece of my heart. Both are an honor. A beautiful scar. I'm reminded tonight that as Steven Curtis Chapman sings (of his young daughter who died)... "we're all taking the long way home." Each baby has taught me about love, grace and courage. Doctors do not have a certain reason as to why we have lost four babies... yet? We are undecided if finding a reason this time is needed. Each precious loss has taught me: that love always wins. that grace is real and powerful. that courage will bring me to amazing new places. Being treated in a hospital and enduring pain all to leave without a baby in my arms is devastating to say the least. But. The amazing staff have blown me away each time with their kindness and compassion for my baby and me. Nurses and Doctors are hero's. The other night, I encountered medical staff who cried with me, held my hand and gave their best. Somehow I was never scared and I felt a deep peace - a real miracle. The doctor would say: "aren't you in a lot of pain?" Yes, I was in pain - but my body was somehow at rest. In the bible James 1:2 talks about how we will face many trials... and that if we hold on to hope we will not be crushed. The process of faith, I feel, is filled with seasons of doubt and anger and confusion because I live in a broken world and I am human. And, I believe God can handle my stumbling around; He never leaves my side. My heaven homed children are happy and to them we will all be together in just moments. In the meantime, I continue to pray and ask God to heal my broken heart, to heal my family's broken heart. To bring us the little baby we dreamed of years ago. Bring purpose to this suffering. To bring about His will. I know God hasn't forgotten my family. When I get a glimpse of what love means I see that I have nothing to fear. Noah, We all wanted you so much. You are a treasure. We wish we could hold you... We love you everyday.

2 comments:

Amanda and Justin Dreyer said...

Thanks for sharing your story Jen- you are such a beautiful person and I am so blessed to be your friend!

Amber said...

Hey,nice bloog. Come to my - http://justbreathejustbealady.blogspot.com/