Sunday, April 5, 2009

The full package



I snapped this picture on a whim, right before I dressed Lauren in her jammies for bed tonight. This large mirror is in our hallway. I passed it quickly the first time, and then I turned right around and grabbed the camera and snapped this.

Sometimes, I am still in awe that we have Lauren Faith with us. Why? As many of you already know, before John and I became pregnant with Lauren we miscarried two babies (two separate pregnancies). When I was 6 weeks pregnant with Lauren I had a lot of cramping and bleeding - for two days - it did not look good.

I believe that God spared Lauren's life. I remember laying on the couch with my feet up on the arm rest, praying as hard as I could. All while feeling like I was in an actual physical battle. And then. The bleeding stopped. I knew that God came on the scene.

"...You restored me to health and let me live." ~ Isaiah 38:16

Now, with all that to say, I want to fill you in on our latest prayer request involving Miss Lauren Faith.

As I passed this mirror tonight, holding Lauren, I remembered, "Shoot, I have to find a new clinic so that I can find Lauren an ear doctor!" The last few weeks this MAJOR detail has been pushed to the "back shelf".

I will spare you all the INFORMATION that John and I have been inundated with about the fact that Lauren's left ear has a moderate hearing loss. This loss is equivalent to how we would hear sounds in a bathroom with our ears submerged under water in a bath tub. Also, we were told that Lauren will [always] need a hearing aide in her left ear.

Poopy. Is what I have to say about that...

Being the Healing/Restoration bunch that we are. I, along with many others pray for our sweet 'Loreny Mouse' and the healing of her left ear.

Step #1: We'll be getting her a hearing aide within the next month. This requires MANY office visits now and throughout her life.

Step #2: She will learn as she gets older to keep track of a very important peice of equipment.

Step#3: God is God, His will includes healing.

However, I will not be upset if Lauren's ear is not physically healed. Oh, now I know that God can move mountains... and I have witnessed and experienced for myself several miracles. I believe in the power of prayer! So, for now I thank God that I live in a country where I can get my hands on a hearing aide (for free, the first year) so that my baby girl can hear clearly and learn to speak clearly as a result. This is God's goodness. We'll take one step at a time doing what we know to do, and then stand.

Please keep Lauren's ear in your prayers. Thank you.

P.S. Bellow is a picture of a sweet little baby boy who is also a miracle, and, also in need of prayer. He survived a severe heart problem while he was in the womb [doctor's said he wouldn't live]. Now he is in the hospital for a sickness related to that. You can read about him more, by clicking on the picture.

Prayers for Stellan

1 comment:

OlsonFamily6 said...

awwww, we are so thankful for lauren too! she has always been in our prayers