Thursday, April 23, 2009

thankfulness

These three people are such gifts from God. I pray that God helps me to never take for granted any one of them. ever.







Over the past few months John and I have been under some stress. Nothing really bad, just lots of change and uncertainty all at once. John is commuting over an hour both ways 4 days a week, we have an insane amount of debt, a house we hope to brake even on one day, and a few minor (very minor) health issues with the girls. But, really nothing that can't be ingested fairly well after a good nights sleep, some good stewardship... and [not nearly often enough, but] some time focusing on what the Bible says.

So, in my efforts to keep balance and perspective in my outlook. I have been following several blogs. Blogs by mothers who have lost a child or have a very ill child.

And.

wow.

What was I upset about, again?

Really.

Get. Over. It. Jen.

Is the message God is sending to me, in the so very loving way that he does.

The last few years seem a bit random to John and I, like what is our purpose, exactly? When will be settled? But, as I go along I am reminded again that the beauty is in the walk. The day-to-day up's and down's.

It's not simply obtaining the goal or arriving at the destination. Life is full of surprises (good and bad), what-ifs', and maybes'. I am learning that contentment [freedom found in God's grace] is something found after exhausting all my efforts to be content in my own self [my own motives/desires/ambitions].

Yep.

I'm just starting to see a glimpse.

Of how much more I have to learn.

And it's a beautiful sight.

Prayers for Stellan

No comments: