Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sadie's new do





Here is Miss Sadie. With her new do! What inspired the chop? Lately, I have noticed this darling haircut on several other little girls and I really thought it would accentuate Sadie's face shape and cause her eyes to stand out more. Sure enough! With extra cash leftover from last week, I brought Sadie to 'Kids Hair' which is a fun salon in Maple Grove designed just for kids. They even have a TV at each station. Shrek ll was playing. Sadie sat like an angel. This was much different than her first hair cut experience.

Anyways.

I bet you're wondering did she take these pictures while sitting on the toilet?? Yes... but, no. [LOL] No, not while using the pot. Sadie and I were doing our bedtime routine. Potty and brush teeth. [Yes I take my turn too]. ha!

I'm sure that I am not the only mom who notices an everyday event like; their sweet four-year-old girl wearing her adorable sun-dress, sporting a new sassy haircut, sitting on the bathroom vanity, while waiting to have her teeth brushed, as a picture perfect moment... I am convinced these pictures will be of far more value than the posed and "perfect" ones.

This bedtime routine seems so ritualistic and unimportant now, but then I stop and realize that I'll wake up one day and wish that I could barely brush my teeth for need of answering yet another high-speed-question-and-answer-session. And I'll never forget the sweet little voice of a four-year-old Sadie cheering me on as I use the big girl potty.

Prayers for Stellan

1 comment:

MsP said...

i love your pictures Jen! so true, so true!