Saturday, May 10, 2008

Family Fun






Yesterday we purchased a 'green egg' smoker/grill. John has become very fond of all things BBQ over the past few months and he has had his eye on one of these for quite a while! So, we got it! It is his Father's Day and Birthday Gift and my Mother's Day Gift : ) Ha!

My husband loves to grill!! Who knew?! John already has plans to make burgers today and ribs tomorrow! I think he's a great chef on the grill (and in the kitchen). His new hobby means less cooking for me! And as many of you know, I am not exactly a great cook, so his fine BBQ'ing makes up for my short-comings in the kitchen : )

This morning, John brought home donuts [from the Kwik Trip] for us after his 'run in to town' (never thought we'd use that term) to fill up with gas for the car and gas for the mower! He is out mowing for the first time this spring, hopefully he can beat the rain that seams to be rolling in. I'm thankful Spring is here to stay!

Gods blessings are so great! I'm overwhelmed as I think about how God has made my life so rich in so many ways... I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL Dan said Sadie truly MUST be her father's daughter: "Look! She's worshiping the donut!" LOL

Hmm. Well, the pictures are great.

Thanks Jen Cow! 'Wish we could see you this weekend!