Monday, May 5, 2008

May Flowers




Sadie and I went out for a nature walk today! It is warm and sunny! Finally!

Sadie enjoyed collecting pinecones, wildflowers, and other treasures she found along the path. We started in our yard and found pretty yellow flowers. Then we walked across the street and down the corn field path. Sadie and I chatted about seeds that would be planted and how they would grow, then we noticed deer tracks and counted them, after this we collected things we found on the trail on our way back home.

Sadie told me that she wanted to hold the birdies, but I said they wouldn't hold still, because they always want to fly. Sadie also thought the piggies liked to cuddle under the pine trees (near the edge of the corn field) to stay warm. I said I bet they would if they got out of their barn. Ha!!

I love hearing her creative thoughts. She often laughs a quick 'huh' after telling me something, she's so full of life. She always reminds me to slow down and enjoy the simple things. I pray that we will always be able to have candid "corn field" conversations as she gets older.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey, I thought I had some flowers missing from the front of my house!!