Friday, September 10, 2010

a [snapshot] of my girls

then.

[lauren faith.]

[sadie elizabeth.]


and, now.




Here are some silly things you might overhear; over here, these days!

LAUREN:

"hi" = telephone.

"eyes" = sunglasses.

when she is upset she will say: "HEY-eeeeeyyyy" like a little pre-teen.

when she agree's she will say a soft, breathy "yea-ahhhh".

common questions include, but are not limmited to: "WHE-re DA-da?", "CEE-CEE!!!" (Sadie) - while looking at her with adoration and mimicking everything she does. And, "Maaaa-meeeee HOO-waahhhh's?!" (Mommy where's my shoes, can we go somewhere?)

SADIE:

Most recent conversation topics include: babies. animal babies. bugs. rocks. the color orange. God. the 'debil' (devil). strangers. friends. family. Uncle Dennis. heaven. homeschool. reading three letter words. baby 'Libia' (Livia).

her cutest words:

'be-side' = decide
'be-member' = remember

Aren't children the best?! Today was a hectic day that is part of a more hectic previous year paired with recent discouragement. But, I don't have to look any further than my daughters faces to see that God is good.

Tonight, I sat and listened to the rain while looking through baby photo's of the girls. The sweet memories filled my head. Thankfullness was found again. Precious friendships and family members counted. Hope, remembered.

As my Mom has told me of Motherhood: "The days are long, but the years are short."

May we all enjoy our days more than we simply tolerate them.

2 comments:

OlsonFamily6 said...

sooooooo cute! your girls are amazing. :)

Andrea Gutierrez said...

Agreed! (The days are long, but the years are short). As I took my eldest daughter into the fitting room to try on jeans (1st time I've ever done this) I felt this reality!