Monday, October 27, 2008

Daddy






It's nap-time here at the House house and here I sit looking over pictures from this weekend. I am noticing that they are all centered around the living room and more specifically the couch :) We had a real low-key weekend. John watched every sporting event that was televised and cooked two VERY yummy meals for us! I did some laundry and cleaned a little (I've decided that the heavy duty cleaning is only necessary when we have company). I am trying to simplify...

So, I was looking through these pictures I took of John and the girls and I noticed that Lauren is completely fixed and focused on her daddy 100% in every picture. It is so precious to see my husband as a daddy. And to see the way he looks at his girls, and the way they look at him :)

Thank you John for being so giving to us; for taking interest in adding variety by cooking great meals when you don't have to, for holding a crying baby and comforting your tired and emotional wife, for correcting your 3-year old in a loving way, for ironing your own work shirts, for fixing computer problems, for burning the garbage out back, for bringing home dairy queen dilly bars, for reminding me that the steps are icy, for filling my purse with extra diapers, for going above and beyond in so many ways... even when we don't deserve it.

:)

John, I don't know what I did to deserve a husband like you...

Thank you.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

you are such an amazing wife, jen. You inspire me and make me want to be a better person....