Tuesday, March 31, 2009

03/28/09










Here are some of the pictures I snapped on our moving day last Saturday, March 28th (Racine, MN). This day is one of the 'Great's' thus far! It was very much a homecoming!

We are SO glad to be back!

If I may be totally candid here, I will say that our time in Rochester was not all a 'bed of roses'. I will go a bit further in my 'garden' analogy. It was almost two years John and I spent in Racine. While much good came from lessons learned and wonderful new friends made. It was a lot of 'scattered seed's'... I often felt like I was simply observing. I never felt grounded... with family and close friends just two hours away, we were constantly pulled back to the cities (in a good way).

But, in this uncertainty, I found out who I was.

It was a non-eventful, repetitive and boring time for me. Looking back I see how God was working in my heart, 'digging' up deeply rooted 'weed's'... Last summer, I often took walks on the trails that ran along the side of the corn fields. I would find it interesting that the farmers working hard to prepare, plant, cultivate and then harvest their fields, very much paralleled what God was doing in my life.

I told a friend on the phone the other day, that: "I felt like I had come back from a long missions trip [sort of]".

This past Monday, I drove back to clean up the "white house" (as Sadie calls our Racine house). When I was done and had loaded the last box of stuff, I paused in the kitchen. I was overwhelmed with emotion as a flood of memories poured through my head [Sadie's birthday's, milestones, and Lauren's birth...].

Then, at the threshold of the back door, I envisioned myself standing on a springboard, knees bent, ready to jump! Jump into what? I'm not sure. But God knows...!

My prayer for you: That you may embrace each season in your life. The depth's and the height's. Learn and give, and grow and go on in God to the best of your ability!

1 comment:

Amy said...

fun blog, jen! i'm slightly addicted myself:)

blessings to your family as you settle into your new home.