Wednesday, March 11, 2009

twenty seven


(pictured: a close up of the "cherry" on top of my ice-cream cone cake.)

Today I turned 27. It was a great day. I got to have lunch at home with my Mom, the girls and friends. John took me out for dinner at Famous Dave's and then surprised me with a massage at Massage Envy!

I thought it would be fun to do a list of twenty seven things. Twenty seven... "Twenty seven thoughts I had today". no. "Twenty seven things I know, now that I am twenty seven." lol, no. hmm...

Twenty seven is a great age. Closer to thirty than twenty. It says, "I have so much more to do, but I have some experience under my belt."

So.

It hit me, "Twenty seven things I'd like to do within the next twenty seven years!"

In the next 27 years I hope to...

1. declutter. for good.

2. wash my face before bed. every night.

3. apply night cream. every night.

4. run/jog multiple miles.

5. take each of my girls to Africa on a missions trip when they are teens.

6. go on a family missions trip.

7. visit Tuscany, Italy with John. just John.

8. write a book about John and I's two Miscarriages. and somehow get the book distributed in clinics//that they would be given to Mothers who deal with a miscarriage. and that in that vulnerable moment they would find the true hope we have in God.

9. eat less sugar.

10. make my husband's lunch every night. have it bagged and sitting in the fridge.

11. learn to cook more versatile.

12. adopt siblings from foster care.

13. teach my daughters the beauty and worth found in minimal makeup and modest clothing. inner beauty.

14. teach my children to pray for those who hurt them.

15. teach my children to believe the best.

16. teach my children to lay up treasures in heaven.

17. teach my children to laugh often and not take themselves too seriously.

18. be there for my friends.

19. teach my children to be a friend.

20. show my children what trusting God looks like.

21. show my children what contentment looks like.

22. follow a strict budget.

23. buy only what is on my list at the grocery store.

24. teach my children to rejoice in others blessings.

25. teach my children to be grateful.

26. focus at least half of my thoughts on "whatsoever is lovely, whatsoever is true, whatsoever is just..."

27. remember the fact that God's not finished with me yet.


No comments: