Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

My family and I just got back from a relaxing weekend at my Grandparents cabin. I was pondering about the
'newness' of the new year and the 'freshness' of a fresh start! Oh! I'm excited!

Here is my most recent food for thought:

(1.) homeschooling.

(2.) being present.

(3.) nurturing deep friendships.

(4.) believing the best.

(5.) Consistency.

As I near my 30's, I am clinging more to the small things. Less comparing. More embracing. Less title seeking. More unseen giving. And praying and hoping that my days are spent doing what I'm made to do.

Happy New Year, Everyone!


John and I ATV riding during our October trip to Colorado.


Prayers for Stellan

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm excited to hear that you're pondering homeschooling. You won't be disappointed! After 7 years we're a stronger more closely knit family than ever before. I'm not sure who loves it more...me or the girls! And your thought about not just co-existing...but really being present was GREAT!! I may have read a little into it...but the Lord has spoken the same things to my heart! lol Happy New Year!

OlsonFamily6 said...

i am with you on #5. i don't strive to be perfect, just to consistently do the best i can. we can do it! :)