Saturday, January 23, 2010

stream of consciousness

I adopted this concept from MckMama at: mycharmingkids.net. The idea is. That you write exactly what you think. Unedited. Without proper grammar. Or punctuation. So here goes.

I have had a nice low-key weekend with my three favorite people. It's been much needed. It was a busy week. My husband is graciously cooking us his second meal. YUM. The house smells amazing. My husband is amazing. He's studying in the bedroom. And I'm trying to be patient with the girls at the end of the day. I'm a bit bored. So are they. I played 'house' on the floor with the girls. I tried hard to stay enthusiastic. I think I did. I did laundry. Three loads so far. They will most likely never make it to the dressers and closets. Because they get worn first.

I'm thinking of a sweet couple tonight. Actually two couples. Who had to say goodbye to their first babies. Way too soon. So wrong. So. Sad. I pray for them as my heart gets stirred and words come to my mind. I feel so honored to reach out to others and offer some comfort as a result of the pain I have felt in the past. God is so cool like that.

We are blessed. We are. To have our health. And. Two little girls who get into everything. Someday I'll miss the messes. And long for the constant chatter and drama. I want to be present. God, please help me to soak in the treasures that surround me today.

I made it a point to be at eye level with my girls today. A lot. The wonder on their face captivates me. The way their lashes curl and the sparkle reflects from their eyes is so intricate. The way their hair sways [as they play] and presents various hues of the same color is evidence of a majestic Creator. I enjoy having a front row seat in their lives.

Nini is playing in the dog dish as I type this. Oh well. I lost my temper a few too many times today. My husband and children need so much support right now. Something. Every. Two. Minutes. But, I remember it's an Honor. It's the breaking down of me. Less of me. More of Him. Is the result. *sigh* Thank you, God for my current ordinary life. Filled with extraordinary moments. Each day is such a gift.

Nini met a new friend tonight:


Cleaning her face with a wet wipe.


Carefully wiping her nose.


A Kiss!


Smiling at her new friend.


Dip, Baby. Dip!

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE this concept!! Thanks for sharing!!

That is the reoccurring struggle of my days...being patient and remembering to get down on the floor with the kids to play. I want them to remember a mom who was fun to play and learn with, not a clean house or a mom who was too busy for them.

And yes, of course, you can link to my post from last week. We mamas need each other:)

Happy Monday and God Bless!!

Jen House Photography said...

Thanks, 'MommyMonkey'! ; )

Yes! We do!

OlsonFamily6 said...

oh, lorny is such a cutie! she has a new best friend now, herself! :)