Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sadie | Student

The other day I walked through the golf course behind our townhome [it was 50 degrees and sunny], I could see mountains ahead [and Sadie's school]. It was 3:08 pm and I was on my way to pick up my Kindergartener. Wow. As I got closer, I stepped around several geese; then raced across the street where the sound of chatting parents and students began to sound like English. My heart was full as I thought how this scene was just how I dreamed it... a bustling community full of friendly faces!

This afternoon, we met with Sadie's Teacher [Mrs. A] to chat about how she's doing. John and I smiled as we heard nothing but good reports. Please pardon me as I spend the next few moments gushing about my first born. ;)

Mrs. A showed us the results from a series of tests recently done with Sadie and her class. As well as shared with us an overview of her day. Sadie scored average and above average on each test! Sadie blushed as she read us her newest reading time book and pointed to each word. In less than three weeks, Sadie has earned 8 'pacers' [good behavior recognition]. One 'pacer' was given to her in gym class! Sadie was 1 of 2 awarded for being 'quick to obey' in the entire gym class!

I was on the phone with a good friend tonight telling her how all the structure from Sadie's day at school has trickled down into our home and brought so much more organization. Sadie is becoming more self aware and more invested in others around her. So great, for so many reasons! We plan to enroll Sadie in soccer and violin lessons this Spring/Summer! Oh, and one more fun fact: Her school includes "One nation under God..." in the pledge of allegience!

I'm doing my best to soak in this sweet season of NEW!

1 comment:

Ryan Jurek said...

"Oh, and one more fun fact: Her school includes "One nation under God..." in the pledge of allegience!"

Good!