Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Twas the night before Kindergarten [in Colorado]

I've written this post in my head a hundred times over. There were days I wondered if this post would ever be written.

John's Colorado Cousins/Aunt and Uncle are so friendly and welcoming! I feel like I've been a part of their lives for years already. Sadie and Lauren now have 8 cousins [ranging in age 13 down to infant] living near them--they play together great! Sadie will attend the same elementary school as 5 of them! The girls have several new 'Aunts and Uncles' to add to their already very loved collection! We also have FRIENDS here, [already]! The kind who swing by with dinner, love watching our girls and having heart-to-heart conversations! Wow.

Bumpa and Grammy, and Yampa and Yamma continue to be talked about daily! Plans for them to come visit are already in the works! GREAT-Grandparents are near and dear as well...!

The past few years, I've loved writing about some of the heart matters God has shown me during some very dark times. I feel like that style of writing was for a season. That season. Our family's schedule has sped up quite a bit [in a good way] and is more structured [so good for me]!

So. We finally made it to Colorado! I could go on and on about the amazing details of how this came to be, and how many great moments have already been lived, but I'd like to save that for when I see YOU in person, next. During the last year I shut down in many ways and clung for dear life to God, family and a few precious friends who listened and really extended a lot of grace toward me as I muddled through some hard trials. I'm eternally grateful to these people.

Now that I'm out of the woods [for now] I can look back, breath deep and really BEGIN to take note of just how much I've learned about myself and people in general. Easy for me to say now, but I feel honored to have experienced so much hardship all at once. Now I judge others less and have a little more understanding about how to listen and comfort others when their whole world [as they knew it] crumbles. And. I'm more humble and aware that I am very imperfect. HOW freeing!

I've learned that Hope is real. And if you go looking for them, God will bring the answers you need in the right time. And. He'll bring you to HIMself...

John and I made the decision [a few weeks back] that some things will never be spoke of again once we crossed over the MN boarder! A new chapter has begun. We're ready to dive in with all we have when it comes to church groups, neighbors, library activities, dinner dates, lunch dates, shopping trips, sight seeing, family gatherings, book clubs, MOPS group, grocery trips, school functions, playdates, yoga class, long walks, new friends, OLD friends... to name a few!

We're ready to be an average american family who enjoys normal things and has time to give back to others.

Tonight I sat on the kitchen floor and labeled Sadie's Kindergarten supplies. Her 'my little pony' backpack was clean and sparkly, her LPS lunch bag was packed and sitting in the fridge and the brand new crayons and pencils smelled great! I soaked in the moment that was stuck somewhere between past and present. A flood of baby and toddler 'Sadie memories' filled my head. I shed some tears and had some regrets BUT mostly excited thoughts. Sadie is ready for what's to come and so am I. And I couldn't help but think this is just step one of many lessons of 'letting go' for this Mama!

Please stay tuned, I plan to post pictures frequently!

Much Love,

Jen [John, Sadie and Lauren]

2 comments:

Joni Knopp said...

Congratulations on your new CO adventure! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Amy said...

Beautiful writing, Jen! In the excitement and commotion of the day, I don't think I even asked YOU how you were feeling about leaving your 'baby' at a new school for the first time. I couldn't help thinking all day about just how amazing God is...with timing etc. Great things are happening and I'm blessed to have you as a new neighbor! Fun running into you and Juan Casa many times during the day in my (now OUR) 5 mile universe! :)