Sunday, January 23, 2011

What's with the name

Building Castles?

You might have wondered.

Well.

A while back I read a story about a Castle. This castle involved many men, bricks, mud, tools, equipment and time to build. The people who began work on the castle did not live to see it's completion. When the castle was finished, it was magestic and sturdy! It was carefully crafted and had a solid foundation.

The story was a representation of God's plan, Parenthood, Family and Community!

"A castle, depending upon the status of the man who occupied it, could be variously, a military base, a seat of government, a court and a stronghold for the surrounding region. It could be any or all of the above but it was principally the private residence of its owner, his family and his dependents." -The English Castle by D. Dawson

This name seemed fitting for my family's blog. Ever since I was 5 I dreamed of having a family of my own. And today, I'm reminded that being a wife and mother is one of the most noble jobs in God's eyes. He gives me the strength and wisdom to do my job. To teach and to guide each building block...

I'm currently reading: 'Pinocchio Parenting' by Chuck Borsellino [which was recommended to us by good friends!] In Borsellino's book he says of our unique God-given talents: "I offered God kindling; He made me a castle and gave me the keys." -C.B.

No comments: