Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baby Love








Here are some shots of Lauren laying in the window light this afternoon. The Jaundice levels dropped from 18 to 16! And Lauren has gained another ounce today!

The stressful part is that due to the tube feeding (supplementing) Lauren has been spoiled some by the fact that it is easier than nursing, so when she latches on to me, she only sucks a few times and then stops... I am told that the finger/tube feeding method is most like breast-feeding... so, we are praying that she gains enough weight ASAP so that she can learn to nurse exclusively again! Another nice thing, my milk is really producing! So much so, that I already have a bag frozen! YAY! I guess that's what happens when you pump every 2 hours and nurse...

ANY advice anyone?

I was reading my Nursing book and some of the facts looked a little grim. So I quit reading that book... I am choosing to believe that God will help Lauren and I figure it out... every day Lauren gets stronger :) Today she had her eyes open for like 20 minutes, just quietly looking around :) This is new. I can tell she is a bit preemie - every little step is a big deal :)

Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute piccer's Jen! :-)

Melanie, Who am I ? said...

She is so cute! I love babies this little.

I just wanted to encourage you on the nursings. Zane was born 14 weeks early and wasn't even put to breast until 6 1/2 weeks old, it was a long process with many bumps and slow weight gain, but he did exclusively nurse not to far down the road. I know that the two of you can do this! Melanie

Ryan Jurek said...

aww.... Lauren is so cute.

Good pictures too!

beth & dan said...

these pics are great Jen...

She looks wonderful. And you're doing awesome. We believe with you that she's on the other side of this!

We love you guys!

Beth & Dan