Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Feeding, Sun Tanning & Feeding some more...





Here are a few pictures from today. Blogging and taking pictures keeps me sane right now. I feed Lauren every hour-and-a-half [during the day], feed myself and try and squeeze in some sleep. ;)

My Mom has been a HUGE blessing, she is here caring for Sadie and the house upkeep stuff! Wow - I would be a wreck without my Mom's help right now. THANK YOU MOM!

Lauren is dealing with jaundice. She is doing well though... eating every two hours during the night and she has gained 2oz. since yesterday. Lauren (we) has visited the clinic every morning since we left the hospital. I'm praying she gets into a regular pattern of nursing, sleeping and gaining weight. At this point it is like all she wants to do is sleep (jaundice has that affect). I have to wake her up with cold wet wipes just to feed her so she can gain weight, stay nourished and fend off the jaundice.

Still happy. Still love my Baby. Still love life.

(SIGH)

But...

...I'll be thankful to be on the other side of this!

My prayer is that she is 'out of the woods' by the end of the weekend :)

2 comments:

Driven Junior High Youth Ministry said...

Congrats!! I heard Lauren made her grand entrance here from Leslie last week - but I just got a chance to look at the pictures!
Praise God - He is faithful!
I believe with you for Lauren's body to function perfectly, and for her to eat and sleep on a good schedule so Mommy can do all that she needs to do - you BOTH have sweet sleep (at the right times)!
Our prayers are with you and we're so excited for your growing family!

Lynn said...

Oh Jen, you'll look back and know that God had you in His hands the whole time... learning to trust Him beyond all that you see and feel. He is good, He is soverign; rest easy... so easy, that you fall into a deeeep sleeep :)
Can't wait till you can put your milk bags away for an hour or so for a visit! (hee, hee) I remember how awkward that stage was. What are we, cows?? geeez. We love you all!